Much of our Reputation is BUILT ON SERVICE
Not everyone is in need of NEW tooling - you may have a stock of tools that need some TLC or maintenance.
We have experienced engineers that can help guide you through the process of REMAN or RECONDITION as well as the altering of existing tooling to new specs.
We understand that tooling is an investment, and we have many avenues to help your tooling LAST.
Recondition vs Remanufacture
Reconditioning removes less of the diameter than re-grinding.
• Don't turn your expensive, high performance cutting tools into cheap regrinds
• Simply re-grinding the O.D. of tooling will make a tool sharp again however, with each re-grind, you lose a portion of its original geometry and performance.
• Loss of original design geometry leads to lost tool life and requires machining parameters to be slowed down to match the diminishing performance of re-ground cutting tools.
• High performance tooling has become very sophisticated and expensive.
FOR A FRACTION OF THE COST OF NEW...
ATI will RECONDITION your tooling on the same state-of-the-art grinders that the tooling was originally made on. Geometry will be brought back to original design specs.
• Reconditioning in 2-3 week
• Special containers supplied for safe handling of high dollar tooling
• Pickup and delivery
Remanufacturing maximizes the service life of your tooling.
Your tooling can go through the process of reconditioning several times before it needs to be cut-off and REMANUFACTURED.
Cut lengths specifically designated to allow for flute cutoff.
8" OAL tooling to 6" OAL
6" OAL tooling to 4" OAL
4" OAL tooling to 3" OAL
HB2 series - part# HB5002-80C03
• 1/2" diameter x 8" over all length and has 1.00" length of cut.
• When it can no longer be reconditioned, it's sent through REMANUFACTURING
• It's 1" LOC is cutoff and regenerated as a 1/2 x 6" OAL with 1" LOC.
• It can go through reconditioning until it is again REMANUFACTURED as a 4" OAL tool with 1" LOC.
Added to any tool in any location within 48 hours.
Added within 24 hours.
You dream it - we make it.
Solid Carbide Micro Boring Bars
Solid carbide screw-on milling heads for threaded shanked tooling.
Extend tool life and increase performance with coatings. Our standard coatings have been developed for cutting, milling forming, injection molding and dry, high speed machining applications. Specialty gradient carbon-based coating are typically used on top of an appropriate hard coating or as single coating.
The general-purpose coating is outstanding for cutting, forming, injection molding and tribiological applications.
Conventional carbon nitride coating:
» For interrupted cutting
» For milling and tapping
» For stamping, punching and forming
The tough multipurpose coating for interrupted cutting, milling, tapping, stamping, forming and hobbing.
The new universal high-performance coating for cutting (drilling, milling, reaming, turning). Also suitable for dry machining.
Special high-performance coating for dry, high speed machining. AITiN performance surpasses all conventional coatings when machining cast iron and hardened steel.
Specialty Carbon-Based Coating CBC (DLC)
Special gradient coating. Self-lubrication as its own coating or on the top of an appropriate hard coating.
» CBC: carbon-based coating
» DLC: diamond-like carbon
We can add any tooling I.D. that you would like to the shank of your tooling.
Create prototypes or long run parts that look more professional and appealing. Our laser marking services provides a cost-effective method for permanently marking parts with many options including:
• Part numbers
• Company name and logo
• Bar coding
• Matrix coding
• Custom information
We use HELICHECKs and a variety of other inspection machines to provide a non-contact measurement to maintain repeatability and edges throughout the manufacturing process.